Hello December! Bring on the holidays and the start to winter and a new year.
December can be such a great month, as long as you plan it well and execute the plan with precision. After all, there are decorations to be put up, shopping to be done, bowl games to watch, family to be entertained, holidays to be enjoyed, meetings to be scheduled and — if there is time left — relaxing to be done. Meetings to be scheduled?! Well, that is if you are planning an home improvement or building project in the coming months.
December is a busy month, but there are ways to get all of this done. Here is a link to a helpful article for some assistance, because we want you to enjoy this time of year.
Now, back to the idea of meeting with home improvement specialists during this time of year. Winter hasn’t officially started yet, so contact us now if you’re thinking of replacing windows and doors. These upgrades can save on utility costs before the furnace stays on all winter long. We usually have some holes in our schedule during the holiday season. We like to fill this time with meeting new clients and completing jobs before the frigid weather arrives.
While you’re planning your December schedule, be sure to take in some of the fun opportunities in the greater Charleston, SC area. Click on this link to pick and choose from all the great events. We hope your holiday season is a great one!
December Dates to Remember
December is derived from the Latin word decem, which means “ten” because it was the tenth month of the early Roman calendar.
- December 6 is Saint Nicholas Day. St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children, inspires traditions around the world from hunts for presents to stockings or shoes filled with sweets.
- December 7 is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. remembering those who died during this attack by the Japanese in Hawaii.
- December 13 is St. Lucia’s Day, which has long been associated with festivals of light.
- December 15 is Bill of Rights Day, declared in 1941 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- December 21 is the Winter Solstice — the first day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere and first day of summer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- December 24 is Christmas Eve, the night before Christmas, marked with many family and church gatherings.
- December 26 is Boxing Day (Canada, UK).
- Hanukkah begins at sundown on Sunday, December 22, and ends at sundown on the 30th.
- December 31 is New Years Eve, ushering out of the old year and welcoming the new one.
December is for Meeting with B. Chaney Improvements
To schedule a meeting, contact us here or call our Charleston office at (843) 388-4334.
We build houses, renovate houses, and build major additions throughout the Lowcountry. We work in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, North Charleston, Daniel Island, Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island.
We also do all types of home improvement work and home repairs.