February is National Heart Month, so start thinking about great ways to strengthen your heart and home improvement upgrades.
Okay, we know one thing has nothing to do with the other, but we’re in the throes of a Lowcountry “winter” and we just want you to think about some important things. The first is that heart disease is the number one killer of men and woman in the U.S. Since we think be should be healthy and live a long life, we want to us this space to share some good news. That good news is that you make a change and live a healthier and longer life.
Below are a list of recommendations from the American Heart Association.
Wisdom for a Healthy Heart
- Be smoke-free. Click on this link to learn how to quit smoking.
- Manage your blood cholesterol. Click here to learn how to manage you cholesterol.
- Manage your blood pressure. This link to the Mayo Clinic can help with blood pressure issues.
- Manage diabetes, and get tested for it if not diagnosed with it. Read more here about this disease that impacts 10 percent of the country.
- Be physically active. Try these six low-impact cardio exercises.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Get moving and then click here for tips to control your appetite.
- Enjoy a variety of nutritious foods. Click here for 20 foods that can save your heart.
- Look after your mental health. Here are nine suggestions to help your mental health.
Meet Now for a Spring Home Improvement Project
Now, as your eating better and exercising, start thinking about the upgrades needed at your home. That’s right, spring is getting closer every day. One of the suggestions in the mental health article is to focus on one thing. We suggest focusing on a home project that adds to your home’s beauty. Right now, your grass and landscape are pretty dreary. But soon, they will come to life. Think about how beautiful the house would like with new siding, replacement windows, exterior doors, roof, etc….
Brad Chaney at B. Chaney Improvements want to meet with you now. If you’ve noticed air coming in around your windows and doors, we want to help. If you’ve noticed your shingles breaking or water coming through your ceiling, we want to help. If your siding is ugly and you want it changed, we want to help. Basically, if there is anything you want to upgrade, we can help with suggestions and skilled labor. We do home improvement the right way.
If you would like expert help, contact us here for questions or to schedule a meeting. You can also call us at 843.388.4334.
We hope you and your family have a happy and healthy February!