February is known as the “Love Month,” and we want you to love your new home, addition or home improvement project in 2022.
It all began when the Feast of Saint Valentine was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496, celebrated on February 14, in honor of Valentine of Rome who died on the same date in AD 269 and became a martyred saint. So the date — which is now synonymous with Valentine’s Day — has significance, but it was in the 14th Century when it became associated with romantic love. If you would like to learn more about the second and shortest month of year, read a little further.
Now let’s discuss the love of having a new custom home, a new major addition or a home improvement project to upgrade your existing home. The expert builders at B. Chaney Improvements know about this love, because they have helped many realize this dream over the last decade and more. Click here to learn more about owner Brad Chaney and the building expertise of B. Chaney Improvements. Their approach is to work closely with a client and to deliver quality construction.
Each project starts with a meeting to listen to your ideas and look at the pictures and drawings you bring to the table. For homes, the Brad will lend his years of experience from the beginning stages to closing. B. Chaney clients can expect excellent communication during the process and a well-built, beautiful home for building memories. Additions and major home improvement projects get similar treatment with the added respect of working around the homeowners’ schedule. The idea is to keep the stress low and quality high. Budgets and deadlines will be met.
B. Chaney’s crew also loves kind words.
“I honestly don’t think you could hire a more honest, talented contractor (than Brad Chaney). I was extremely pleased with the work that was done on my home.” — Kimberly C., Mt Pleasant
Contact B. Chaney’s Charleston, SC office soon to build in 2022. And while you’re considering that call or email to schedule a meeting, read this interesting trivia (below) about the second month of the year. Fact: February was not always the second month of the year.
Other Reasons to Love February
- February was originally the last month of the calendar year. It was eventually moved in 450 B.C. to its place as the second month. This was done so the calendar would reflect a standard lunar year.
- February is packed with holidays and history. February 2nd is Groundhog Day; the 12th is Abraham Lincoln‘s birthday; the 14th is St. Valentine’s Day; the 15th is Chinese New Year and Susan B. Anthony‘s birthday; the 18th is President’s Day.
and the 22nd is George Washington’s birthday.
- The month of February is the only month that can pass without a full moon, in common years. The last time we witnessed such a scenario was last year (2018).
- In common years, February starts on the same day of the week as March and November, and on leap years, it starts with the same day of the week as August.
- February is American Heart Month; Black History Month; Bird-Feeding Month; and Dental Health Month.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for those born in the month.
- The Violet and the Primrose are the flowers for February.
- February is named for the Latin word februum, which means purification.
And, the second month of the year is a day longer every four years. Do you know why? It’s because a common year has 365 days and a leap year 366 days, with the extra day designated as February 29th. A leap year occurs every four years to help synchronize the calendar year with the solar year, or the length of time it takes the earth to complete its orbit around the sun, which is about 365¼ days.
Contact B. Chaney Improvements to Build This Year
Connect with Brad Chaney soon to talk about how our professional builders can help with your project this year. Contact the B. Chaney Charleston office here or by calling the office at 973-390-3482. Brad’s crew builds new homes and major additions throughout the greater Charleston, SC area.