A Guide to Bathroom Remodeling
Renovating a bathroom may be pretty difficult — especially if you have no idea about where to begin — so you must determine what type of bathroom you want before starting the renovation. To help you choose, below is a list of the different types of bathrooms.
- Master Bathroom
- This should be the most relaxing and private bathroom in a house. The ambiance is cozy and comfortable. Found inside this bathroom are double vanities with sinks and mirrors, a toilet with a compartment, a steam shower, a bathtub, plenty of storage for bathroom essentials, etc.
- Full Bathroom
- This bathroom is spacious and can accommodate the whole family. This type of bathroom features a toilet, shower, bathtub, ample storage spaces, and a large vanity.
- Space Saver Bathroom
- This type of bathroom has a great space-saving feature as it consists of a shower/bathtub combo. The shower and bathtub are usually enclosed with glass frames, making the bathroom look larger.
- Three-Quarter Bathroom
- A three-quarter bathroom consists mainly of the basics: a toilet, a shower, and a sink. The shower is usually enclosed with a glass compartment from ceiling to floor, making the bathroom seem more spacious.
These bathrooms are only a few of the many choices. Now that you have determined which type of bathroom is ideal for you, check out these tips while remodeling a bathroom.
Although it would be ideal to remodel a bathroom all by yourself in order to save money, it would still be better to ask help from a professional contractor to ensure that your time and money won’t go to waste.
Here are a few tips and ideas to consider as you are remodeling a bathroom:
- Sit in a bathtub before buying it.
You may prefer a huge bathtub but make sure it fits your bathroom. Before purchasing it, measure it first. Also, try to sit in it so you would have an idea of how comfortable you would be in it. Remember, bigger isn’t always better.
- Choose good lighting.
Good lighting is highly important. Install dimmers near the vanity and tub areas. This greatly helps in giving your bathroom a relaxing ambiance.
- Take advantage of the space.
Add another sink. Mount a small storage cabinet on the wall. Add a towel holder. Do whatever you want, as long as you make use of the space you have. Remember to make your bathroom as functional as possible.
- Choose elegant fixtures.
Spice up your bathroom and improve its ambiance by choosing elegant and classic fixtures.
- Always opt for the best quality.
When choosing toilets, bathtubs, and other bathroom necessities, always choose the one with the best quality. Do not choose an item just because it has a lower price because cheap items tend to break easily and are more prone to wear-and-tear.