March brings spring, which brings warmer weather, which brings the start of home improvement project season.
Are you thinking of upgrading your home in 2019? Replacement windows are great for keeping warm air inside next winter and frigid air outside, where it belongs. How about the exterior doors. Are they whistling a tune every time the wind blows? How does your roof look? Is it ready to keep out the spring rains?
While you’re making a list of all the upgrades, updates and repairs at your Lowcountry area home, enjoy reading some interesting facts about the third month of the year.
Great Things About March
If you’re a sports fan, the words “March” and “Madness” go together like peanut butter and jelly. But, if you aren’t a college basketball fan, then consider these great things from the Old Farmer’s Almanac about the third month of the calendar year.
Special March Dates
- March 5: Mardi Gras (“Fat Tuesday”) or Shrove Tuesday. Read more about this holiday.
- March 8: International Women’s Day. Click here to learn more about this celebration.
- March 10: Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 A.M. Don’t forget to “spring forward” and set your clocks ahead one hour!
- March 15: The Ides of March. Beware the Ides of March!
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day. Read more about about the traditional Irish holiday known as St. Patrick’s Day.
- March 20: The vernal equinox, marking the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, occurs on Wednesday, March 20, at 5:58 P.M. EDT. On this day, the Sun rises due east and sets due west. In the Southern Hemisphere, this date marks the autumnal equinox. Read more about the First Day of Spring!
- March 22: World Water Day brings attention to the need for safe drinking water for nearly one-third of the earth’s population. Click here to help solve this issue.
Getting Outdoors in March
If you are interested in talking to (owner) Brad Chaney about a home improvement project, major renovation, adding an addition or even building a new home, contact us to schedule a meeting. You can do so through this website
or by calling our Charleston office at 843-388-4334.
Brad is a licensed builder with decades of experience. He and his team work throughout the Charleston, SC area, including Mt. Pleasant, Daniel Island, North Charleston, etc….