As summer comes to an end, everyone should use this checklist for end of summer to-dos that will make the busy fall season a little less stressful on everyone under the same roof.
August is still technically part of summer, but with vacations wrapping up and back-to-school activities kicking off, most people’s mindset shifts to a fall mindset. And, with fall being a typically busy season for most families, we think this checklist for the end of summer is a great way to be ready for the shorter days that are on the horizon.
Here is the list. Be sure to click on the link to get all the details.
- Clean and store summer gear
- Set up a family calendar
- Clear the way for easy weeknight dinners
- Share your backyard harvest
- Organize family photos
- Clean carpets and floors
- Organize for back to school
- Check emergency kits
- Organize closets BEFORE back-to-school shopping
- Schedule some “do-nothing” time for fall
- Clean and organize the garage
- Finish up outdoor projects
- Check your home for signs of pests
- BONUS: Check for roof leaks, moisture damage or other home repairs.
To read all the details about this list, click here to link to the article from HOUZZ.
B. Chaney Improvements is a team of professionals that specialize in building homes and major additions; home improvement projects; and home repairs in the greater Charleston, SC area. Our team can build a new custom home; add a deck, patio, screen porch or bonus room; replace roofs, windows and doors; fix water damage; repair storm damage; and expertly navigate all home repairs and upgrades. To schedule a meeting with our construction and repair experts, contact Brad Chaney in our Charleston, SC office here or call the office at 843-388-4334.